Friday, April 16, 2010

Jesus

Powerful name, powerful meaning, and so much hope in one name, Jesus. What happens when you hear His name? What thoughts arise and what feelings occur? Is it hope, security, love or is it offense? I want to share an incident that happened to me the other day. My truck had 5 bumper stickers going across the tail gate, two of them were Jesus specific and another spoke of Heaven. Those three stickers were torn off while I was at work. I came out to find my tail gate in that condition and I was saddened, because what must be unsettled in that person's heart to defile the name of Jesus Christ so intently? I couldn't even be mad, I just prayed for them. That is what Jesus would have done I am sure of it. It then dawned on me, the name of Jesus Christ still offends people to this day. Why?

There are so many names and titles for Him: King of kings, the most High, The lamb, Savior, Blessed Redeemer, the Author of Savation, Creator of the universe, Rescuer, Doctor, Philosopher, Teacher, Priest, and most importantly Friend. He is the one true son of God. Who was sent to Earth to pay the price for our sins and give us glimpses of the Kingdom of Heaven. He performed miracles that have not or will ever be duplicated. He worked among His people, for His people, to be reunited with His people. John 21:25; Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written. What an amazing thought. Truly what can we find offensive about His life? We can't.

I was very excited to write this blog about Jesus, my mind went all kinds of directions, with scripture I could use, and tooting the Holy Horn. But you know of His works, and if you don't, you know what the Bible is and you can look all these things up yourself. However, I think we need to focus on just who He is and the reason He came to His Earth. The following scripture speaks to this: John 3:16-21; For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life. God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him.  There is no judgement on those who believe in Him. But anyone who does not believe in Him has already been judged for not believing in Gods one and only Son. And the Judgement is based on this fact: God's light came into the world, but the people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for thier sin will be exposed. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants. That is what we are promised from God Himself. Jesus was real, He was here, He died on a cross a criminals death, and rose and ascended into Heaven. His miracles happened, books have been written by His followers, He breathed the same air you and I do. He was and still is the most amazing man to ever live. He is God.

The amount of our sexual sin and other sins we commit in this addiction is vast. I know that my adultery, lust, greed, lies, and thefts that occured to make this addiction to sex work for me all these years is forgiven. That I truly turned my life over to Jesus Christ and I have seen Him work in my life. Me, a sinner of great magnitude, has had Jesus work in my heart and my life. He wants to do the same for you. Jesus promises that through Him we will not perish, He speaks of this Himself in Luke. Luke 24:46-47; Yes it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. It was also written that this message would be procalimed in the authority of His name to all the nations, beginning in Jurusalem. There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.

I spoke of my moment when I came to Christ in my blog about "Help". It is that easy to begin having a relationship with Him. You just talk to Jesus, ask him for forgiveness, mean it (very important) and let the Holy Spirit in you come to life. The Spirit is what is sent to us as Jesus's advocate to work in our lives. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we can live an everlasting life of paradise without pain. If we believe.

This message is to implore all who read it, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and He loves us all individually and dearly. He will forgive your sins no matter how unforgivable you think you are. I was that guy for a long time, I thought I was unforgivable, that my sins were just to great. Since I have turned my life to Christ, I am less angry than I was, my nightmares about my abuse have stopped, my lust has been greatly reduced, I have seen financial help, gotten my wife back, learned to forgive more easily, people have said I seem more calmer, there is more life in my eyes, and when I have so chose to call on Him; I have never been alone, I think even when I haven't chose, He has been there for me. That is what belief and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ can do for you to, perhaps even so much more. We just have to believe in our heart.

No one comes to the Father, except through Him. That is the law.

In wrapping this up let me say a prayer for you: Lord Jesus, there are so many hurting down here, we ask that the suffering we see in this addiction everyday can be lifted from those held captive to this disease. That Jesus, we are able to start a personal relationship with you. I pray Lord that all who read this message, that if they haven't called on yet, that they soon will. Jesus I pray for an entire group of people who are desperate and full of hopelessness, that they be covered in your blood and come to you. Jesus we pray this in your name. Amen.

0 comments: