Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Let God be the engineer today.

Isaiah 65:1 the Lord says: "I was ready to respond but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found but no one was looking for me. I said here I am here I am! to a nation that did not call on my name." He goes on to talk further about his people and the hurt that he feels about it. His words turn to anger later in the passage and then like the true God he is, the chapter ends in Mercy. He knows there are righteous people and seeks not to destroy his true servants.

This my friends is the message that will save us from ourselves. God wants us to call on him, he clearly states he needs us, he needs to help us, he screams at us here I am! He wants us to be with him and need him. We need to know that God will love us and he wants to love us through our troubles.

I must admit today's message was a bit foggy as to what to talk about. However, it makes sense to me now. I was reading my guest writers message and the hurt that I caused. The pain was so clear. The worry so defined and the anger so evident. That passage from Isaiah could have been my guest writer talking about me. And in the end of that message just like God, mercy prevails because I am loved.

Yes everything they said is true and accurate. But I must admit reading the desperation and remembering the times she did those things was just very hard. She would say I want you to FIGHT for me! But I was fighting for my addiction. That train was not going to slow down, because as much as I tried to hit the brakes on it, I would then stand on the throttle much more. That was a very accurate picture. Yet through it all she still loves me. God has given me another chance and so has she. So I am going to take them and try to do it right.

I am letting God work on me and I am craving his work. He his the Truth, the Light and the Way. God has demonstrated to me many times that I have called on Him and he was there. He is not going anywhere now. He has found me as I have found him and He will stay with me. Call on him, he is yelling to you Here I am! Here I am! Find him and be lost no more.

You guys know as well as I do, that this addiction will ruin you and every relationship you have. You got the other side of the story. The loved ones in your life are trying to do the same things she did with me. Recognize it, seize the moments and call on Jesus to be your Savior, like my counselor said me, "once you are in the family buddy you are in. There is no getting out." Translation, Jesus isn't gonna forsake you, he will transform you.

IT is possible, it is your choice and it will change you. Do you want it? Ask for it. God will be there and will answer you. Just don't let the train build speed because it always wrecks when it goes to fast and it destroys a lot when it does.

1 comments:

Sarandana said...

Just to clarify...the things I said "we" did in attempts to get your attention are not necessarily things I did. :)