Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dealing with the past

Today I had to sit and listen to how my actions affected another. Definetly one of the hard parts of recovering from an addiction. I had the initial reaction of feeling panic that something bad was going to come of it. However, God has been able to help me find the calmness to sit and listen. If the person you love and affected is still there, just know they aren't saying you are bad. They are saying what you did, not who you are hurt me. After a little talk I was able to see what one of my actions meant to the person I love. These things are ok and is part of the healing from this addiction. This is a very personal disease and has caused a great deal of pain to alot of people. My people included, wives, girlfriends, employers and co-workers, my family and friends. Because my unraveling happens in spurts and at different times with different people, all I know are eventually affected.

Sex is a major part of our world and a major part of how God made us. It is easy to get caught up in what is being presented us. Just know in recovery what your triggers (things that stir up those sexual feelings) are. Stay away from those places or things. If you must go someplace pray and be aware. Sometimes it does take hard and committed warfare to keep yourself safe. It is possible.

I will write more on Monday. Thank you and let me know if I can help or if you can be help to me.

0 comments: